Moving Tips from King George Moving and Storage
• Stay calm by planning ahead. Sort through your belongings to reduce the number of things you move. Ask yourself "If I haven't used it, do I need it?" Donate it, sell it, or throw it out if it will not be useful to anyone else.
• Gather packing supplies such as boxes, packing material, tape, and felt markers. Don't skimp on these materials! Packing your possessions properly is the best way to ensure safe transit for your belongings.
• Sketch a floor plan of your new home and prearrange placement of furniture. This will make unloading and moving in easier and faster.
• Make arrangements to transport your plants and pets. Unfortunately, we cannot transport pets and there is no guarantee that your plants will arrive exactly as placed in the moving truck. If you would like to send your plants with us, please try to stabilize them by placing them in a box if they are small. If they are large, then wrap the pots with plastic to reduce the chance of any spillage or mess. Please do not water your plants prior to moving, as it will make them heavier to move and may cause spillage inside the truck (for which there would be a cleaning charge).
• Pack and label items you're taking in your car that would be needed immediately upon moving, such as medicines, valuables, and any items that children or babies would need for the first day.
• If we are taking care of the packing process and you want certain items to be kept together in your new home, organize them so they'll be packed together.
• Properly label and organize all boxes. Remember that we are there to pack, not organize.